We are always looking for talented and engaged people to join our staff. Job opportunities will be listed below when they are available.
Circulation Services Page
The Indian Prairie Public Library is seeking a part-time Circulation Services Page. If you love working with people consider joining our team. Job duties include checking in materials, sorting materials for shelving, loading and moving book carts and return bins, shelving materials, and possibly answering patron direction questions.
The library is looking for people with enthusiasm and ideas. We offer a dynamic, engaging team environment that values initiative and each individual. Applicants must have a commitment to excellent customer service, a friendly manner and a sense of humor. Other requirements include:
- Ability to arrange items in alphabetical and numerical order (test required).
- Ability to learn check-in procedures.
- Practical knowledge of computers.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to move loaded book cards and bins and to lift and shelve library materials as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with public and staff in English, both oral and written.
This position averages 12 hours per week –Monday 5-9 p.m., Wednesday 9-1 p.m., Saturday 9-1 p.m., and every fifth Sunday 12:30-5 p.m. The salary is $9.13 per hour. Applicant must be at least 16 years of age.
Indian Prairie Library District is an equal opportunity employer.