Calling all teen musicians - Do you have The Sound?
Solos, duos or groups--any style of music. We want YOU to participate in IPPL's fifth annual Teen Music Fest.
Submit your application and demo by July 15 for your chance at fame and cash prizes!
- 4-5 solos/duos and four groups will be selected by IPPL's Teen Advisory Board to perform live at the Indian Prairie Public Library on Saturday, July 22 starting at 6:30 pm.
- A panel of judges will award prizes for the top act in each category.
- A fan favorite will be chosen by text-in vote, so bring your friends.
Event Information, Rules & Regulations
In the event that more acts submit an entry form than spots allow, some acts may not have the opportunity to participate in the live event. We will notify all acts of their acceptance in the final competition beginning Sunday, July 16, 2017.
- Acts who are chosen to perform in The Sound must be available the evening of Saturday, July 22, 2017 beginning at 5:00 pm.
- All performers must remain on site throughout the entire event.
- Performers must be between the ages of 12-18.
- A sound system and microphones will be provided for the contest. Performers must provide all other musical instruments and amps necessary for their performance. Performers are responsible for their own equipment.
- Each act will be allotted a 10-minute set.
- Performers may play original work or covers. All acts must be performed live on stage.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the top solo/duo and to the top group act. The Fan Favorite Trophy will be awarded to the act which receives the most votes through a texting poll.
- All performers agree to have their name, voice, and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material related to this contest without any compensation or rights to royalties for such use.
- Band names and lyrics of performance songs must be suitable for a family audience.
Judges will assign a score out of 100 for each act using the following criteria:
- Musicianship - 50 points
- Presentation (enthusiasm/attitude/energy/engaging the audience) - 25 points
- Creativity - 25 points
Scores from each judge will be averaged, and the highest score in each category (solos/duos and groups) will be awarded a cash prize. In addition, a fan favorite trophy will be awarded to the act which receives the most text in votes.