Our online calendar and registration system now has a new look! Discover new features when registering for winter programs starting Monday, Nov. 21.
As of September 2nd we are know accepting 3D print requests at the cost of .10 cents per gram with a minimum charge of $1.00. Find out more at 3dprinting.ippl.info
The floor behind the Check Out Desk is being replaced due to a material defect. Monday (3/26) and Tuesday (3/27) we will have temporary check out stations set up across from the Check Out desk. And of course you can always use the Self Check Out machines!
Downers Grove Township Highway Department announces recycling solutions of computer & other equipment at no cost to tax payers. Visit theirWeb site for more information and acceptable equipment.
Drop off your equipment at 318 E Quincy, Westmont, IL on the third Saturday of every month from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (except Holiday weekends)
Additional Recycling Resources:
- DuPage County Recycling Guide
- earth911.com – search for a recycling center by topic
- http://www.cristina.org/ – Not-for-profit clearinghouse for computer reuse which provides computers to disadvantaged and disabled people.
- Computers for Schools – A non-profit dedicated to providing a low cost alternative for achieving technology in the classroom.
- People’s Resource – Recycle your old computer and donate it. Check web site for donation requirements.
PC World Online gives you 7 hints to stay safe online.
For computer safety at the library:
- Library owned equipment has have virus protection and after reboot removes any information or files left by the user. (so remember to save your files to a flash drive)
- Do not leave your laptop or the library’s laptop unattended.
- Public wireless access including library wireless is insecure. Hint 2 of PC World article. When logging into a site look for https (s indicates they use a secure connection) in address line of the web address you are logging on to.