We are committed to ensuring our services are accessible to all community members. We provide a variety of assistive devices for use both in the library and at home. You can check out large type books and audiobooks. Can't make it to the library? You can sign up for our Homebound Delivery. We can also make accommodations for people with disabilities who are interested in attending library events.
Use Assistive Devices in the Library
Ask our Technology Center staff for assistance finding and using these devices.
- Intellikeys keyboard to use with a computer
- Adjustable hands-free full page magnifier with a 7" x 10" lens
- Merlin Enhanced Vision magnifier
- IZoom Magnifier Software available on a laptop
- Dragon Naturally Speaking Software convert your voice to text. Available on a laptop.
- Pocketalker personal sound amplifier
- BigTrack Trackball mouse to use with a computer
- Motorized cart
All devices are available at the Technology Center Desk.
Books for Low Vision Readers
Have trouble reading small print? Try one of our books from the following collections:
- Large Print, both fiction and nonfiction
- Audiobooks on CD and Playaways
- Downloadable ebooks and audiobooks
Get Library Materials Delivered to Your Home
We deliver books, CDs, DVDs, and other library materials to your home if you are unable to come to the library due to a physical disability or other mobility issues. You may sign up to receive homebound delivery both on a temporary basis or long term. Find out more on our Homebound Delivery page.
Attend a Library Event
If you plan on coming to an event or program and need special accommodations, please contact us five days before the event at 630/887-8760 ext. 243.