- Westmont Post Office: 630/968-0855, 5707 S. Cass Ave., Westmont, IL 60559-9998, Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m., Sat. 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Sun. Closed.
- Clarendon Hills Post Office: 630/323-0309, 312 Park Ave., Clarendon Hills, IL 60514-9998, Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Sat. 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Sun. Closed.
- Hinsdale Post Office: 630/323-1490, 109 Symonds Dr., Hinsdale, IL 60521-3763, Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Sat. 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Sun. Closed.
- Lombard: 630/629-8305, 837 S. Westmore B27, Lombard, IL 60148, Sun.-Mon. Closed, Tues.-Fri. 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Sat. 7:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Naperville: 630/355-9815, 931 W. 75th St., Ste. 161, Naperville, IL 60565, Sun.-Mon. Closed, Tues.-Fri. 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Sat. 7:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Bridgeview: 708/598-9265, 7358 W. 87th St., Bridgeview, IL 60455, Sun. Closed, Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Sat. Closed.
Amazing Grace Bookstore: 16 S Prospect Ave., Clarendon Hills, IL 60514 630/323-4673
Anderson's Bookshops: 5112 Main St., Downers Grove, IL 60515 630/963-2665
Barbara's Bookstore: 810 Village Center Dr., Burr Ridge, IL 60527 630/920-1500
Barnes & Noble: 631 E. Boughton Rd. #100, Bolingbrook, IL 60440 630/783-0009
Barnes & Noble: 297 Oakbrook Ctr., Oak Brook, IL 60523 630/684-0586
Brain Snacks: 5239 Carpenter St., Downers Grove, IL 60515 630/241-1040
Frugal Muse Books: 7511 Lemont Rd. #146, Darien, IL 60561 630/427-1140
Half Price Books: 14 Countryside Plz., Countryside, IL 60525 708/579-1770
A Novel Experience: 8 N. Cass Ave., Westmont, IL 60559 630/968-2225
Hanna Benioff of Downers Grove Township will help people fill out this application. People must make an appointment by calling 630/719-6682. She only works Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The Senior Homestead Exemption is still available through Downers Grove Township.
Woodridge Community Center will also help people with filling out the new Benefit Access program application. They need to bring a copy of their tax return, and they must call ahead to make an appointment. 2600 Center Drive, Woodridge, Illinois 60517 630/620-2424
Another source of help is the Downers Grove Park District Active Adult Center (SHIP volunteers) at 935 Maple Avenue, Lincoln Center, Downers Grove IL 60515. Phone: 630/963-1314.
The Westmont Park District 630/969-8080 and Hinsdale Community House 630/323-7500 offer assistance as well.
LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) is administered through Downers Grove Township at 630/719-6610
DHS Family Community Resource Center in DuPage County
Family Community Resource Center
146 W Roosevelt Rd, Suite 2
Villa Park, IL 60181
Hours: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday (except state holidays)
- Woods Pool (Burr Ridge Park District), 711 Tomlin Drive, Burr Ridge, IL 630/920-1969
- Cypress Cove Family Aquatic Park (a facility of the Woodridge Park District) 8301 S. Janes Ave., Woodridge, IL 60517
Sunday-Saturday: 11:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
630/985-5620 (in-season) 630/353-3300 (off-season)
- Oak Brook Park District Indoor/Outdoor Family Aquatics Center
1450 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook, IL 60523
- Pelican Harbor Indoor/Outdoor Aquatic Park
200 S. Lindsey Ln., Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Downers Grove Park District--Lincoln Center
935 Maple Avenue
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Peace Memorial Manor
3737 Highland Ave.
Downers Grove, IL 60515