Indian Prairie Public Library is seeking an energetic, customer service oriented person with excellent communication skills for this part-time position. This position is an average of 16 hours per week. Scheduled hours are Thursdays (3:30–9:15pm) and alternating Friday evenings (4:30-9pm) and weekends (Saturdays 9am-5pm and Sundays 1pm-5pm). The salary is $ 12.60 per hour.
The ideal applicant will:
• Enjoy working with people, displaying tact and diplomacy
• Maintain a positive attitude even when dealing with problems
• Communicate clearly and effectively
• Work independently
• Take pride in the appearance of the building and address cleaning or maintenance needs as required
• Enjoy being a part of a team environment
High school diploma or equivalent; Five years work experience; at least two years of experience working with the public where problem solving was required; Must be available on call for emergencies; Must be able to work evenings and weekends
Job Duties include:
Monitor the activity of library users, maintain order, and resolve discipline problems that occur within the library or on its grounds; Provide excellent customer service and hospitality assuring positive member experiences; Assist staff members as needed; Educate library users on appropriate behaviors and enforce library policy as necessary; Patrol the public areas of the library at least every 30 minutes and stay apprised of potential trouble-spots or individuals; Set up or move furniture or equipment as required, including meeting spaces; basic clean-up and maintenance duties as needed.
The Indian Prairie Public Library District is located in Darien Illinois serving 42,000 residents in the communities of Darien, Willowbrook and Burr Ridge. Indian Prairie Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer.
Circulation Services Page
The Indian Prairie Public Library is seeking a part-time Circulation Services Page. If you love working with people consider joining our team. Job duties include checking in materials, sorting materials for shelving, loading and moving book carts and return bins, shelving materials, and possibly answering patron direction questions.
The library is looking for people with enthusiasm and ideas. We offer a dynamic, engaging team environment that values initiative and each individual. Applicants must have a commitment to excellent customer service, a friendly manner and a sense of humor. Other requirements include:
• Ability to arrange items in alphabetical and numerical order (test required).
• Ability to learn check-in procedures.
• Practical knowledge of computers.
• Must have excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to move loaded book cards and bins and to lift and shelve library materials as required.
• Ability to communicate effectively with public and staff in English, both oral and written.
This position averages 12 hours per week –Monday 5-9 p.m., Thursday 9-1 p.m., Saturday 1-5 p.m., and some Sundays. The salary is $8.77 per hour. Applicant must be at least 16 years of age.
Indian Prairie Library District is an equal opportunity employer.