Application & Event Information
Teens can compete to win cash prizes through our music competition! Solo acts, duos and bands can submit a demo to be considered to perform in this year's The Sound. Qualifying acts will then perform live at the library Friday June 24, and a panel of judges will award cash prizes.
Start getting your submission ready! Applications open May 2. Don't delay too long; they close on June 3. Demos not received by the deadline of June 3 at 5 p.m. will not be considered.
Applicants must submit a demo of their music to complete their application. Audio files and/or links to an act’s YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, or other music pages are acceptable. Applications will not be considered complete until a demo has been received.
We will notify all acts of their status in the final competition the week following the application deadline.
Details, Rules, & Regulations
- Acts that are chosen to perform in The Sound must be available Friday, June 24 beginning at 4 p.m. The event starts at 5:30 p.m. but we will want to test equipment and do a soundcheck.
- All performers must stay throughout the entire event.
- At least one member of your group must have an Indian Prairie Public Library card or attend a school in our district.
- Performers must be ages 12-18.
- Performers must provide all musical instruments and amps.
- Each act will be allowed to perform one song, not to exceed ten minutes in length.
- Each act will be allotted up to a 10-minute set.
- Performers may play original work or covers.
- A panel of judges will award cash prizes; To be determined
- All performers agree to have their name, voice, and/or likeness used by the library in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without any compensation or rights to royalties for such use.
- Band names and lyrics of performance songs must be suitable for a family audience.
Acts will be judged on musicianship, presentation, and creativity. Scores from each judge will be averaged, and the highest scores will be awarded cash prizes.