Because of how important the vaccine is, people are sharing information about it through social media. Unfortunately, they might be passing along misinformation as well, either knowingly or unknowingly. When in doubt, we recommend consulting these credible and trustworthy sources, and of course us, your public library.
- An overview of the vaccine from Northwestern Medicine
- Key Things to Know About the Vaccine from the CDC
- Find out how the COVID19 vaccine was developed so quickly
- More information on the development of the vaccine
- Top ten COVID19 vaccine myths from Amita Health
- Information from the DuPage County Health Department
- COVID Vaccine FAQs from the Cook County of Public Health
- Latest Information from the Centers for Disease & Control Prevention (CDC)
- Resources from the Illinois Department of Public Health
Need a vaccine?
From your doctor's office to your local pharmacy, there a several places to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
DuPage County holds several vaccination drives in local communities weekly. Many of these drives do not require an appointment. Need help registering for the COVID-19 vaccine? Call the DuPage County Health Department’s COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center at 630/682-7400. Representatives are ready to assist you with any COVID-19 vaccine-related questions during the hours of 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. You can also register online.