Service Update: Tier Three Mitigation
Updated: Jan. 7
Since Illinois will be under Tier 3 Mitigation Measures starting Friday, Nov. 20, we are making changes to our services. These changes are in response to the directive in the Tier 3 Mitigations that governmental entities should follow the retail model and limit customers to 25% capacity.
It really can't be said enough—your health, and the health of our employees—are our priority. We encourage our residents to stay home to control the spread of COVID-19 and use our digital services and drive-up window. But, if you want to visit us, please read further for details about using the library.
- Only IPPL cardholders may visit the library building. Don’t have a card? Get one here.
- We are limiting visits to 50 people per hour.
- All tables and chairs are removed; there is no seating available.
- Newspapers are not available.
- We are still offering computers, but have reduced the number and are limiting computer appointments to one hour. Appointments may be made by calling 630/887-0829.
- Face masks that cover your mouth and nose are required to enter the building. Social distancing guidelines apply.
Monday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
Friday: Closed (no in-person, curbside, phone, or chat)
Saturday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sunday: 1- 5 p.m
Services available for an in-person visit
- Browsing for materials in-person.
- Computers by appointment only.
- Express computer stations are available for 20-minutes per person, per day in Kids & Teens and Adult Services for anyone to use.
- Printing, scanning, copying, and faxing services are available on a self-serve basis.
- Notary services
- Passports by appointment
- 3D Printing/Carvey
Services on pause
- Seating and tables
- Conference rooms, the Board Room, and the Meeting Room
- Newspapers for reading at the library
- The Wouldshop, LittleTown, and LittleShop
- Donations of materials to the library
- Programs inside the building (Remember, we have programs online!)
Use us from home
- We want to maintain a safe and healthy library. In fact, we can still help you just as easily from the comfort of your home.
- We’ll continue to provide drive-up service for materials.
- We are open on the web 24/7 with access to ebooks, eaudiobooks, emagazines, music, and movies & TV.
- Join us for new and exciting virtual events every week.
- Printing/scanning can be picked- up through the drive-up window.
- We are making contactless deliveries to our homebound patrons.
Your safety is a priority!
- We’re conducting health screenings of our employees.
- Our team is wearing face masks while in public spaces.
- We are social distancing.
- We’ve installed plastic partitions at all the desks.
- We’re providing hand sanitizer throughout the building plus disinfectant you can use to clean equipment.
- We’ll also be cleaning equipment and surfaces throughout the day.
- We’re quarantining returned materials for 3 days based on studies recently completed in the REALM Project’s research study of how long the COVID-19 virus lives on library materials.