Last Update: September 16
The building is open!
It really can't be said enough—your health, and the health of our employees—are our priority. And, every decision we make is through that lens as we apply state guidelines.
Note: We are holding items in quarantine for seven days before checking in. During that time, your account will show that the items are accruing fines. Don't worry! Once the items are checked in you will not be charged any fines that accrued during the quarantine period.
Please scroll to get all the details.
To safely maintain the building and staff workflow, our hours are a bit different.
Our popular curbside pick-up means new responsibilities that need to be staffed. We want to provide our community with the best service that we can, which is why we made the difficult decision to not open on Fridays. However, we are offering services on Sunday.
- Monday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Friday: Closed (no in-person, curbside, phone, or chat)
- Saturday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Sunday: 1–5 p.m.
Coming to visit? Here's what you need to know!
While we are offering many of our usual services, we have many state guidelines to follow including limiting the number of people in the building. If you need to visit the library, we ask that you please adhere to the following requirements. . .
- Wear a face covering or mask.
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet apart.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer often. We’ll have sanitizer for your use at the library.
- Children age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Our water fountains are turned off but our vending machines are available.
- If you feel unwell, or are consistently coughing or sneezing, please stay home.
We have set limits on how many people can be in the building based on state guidelines.
- Limited seating is available for use by IPPL cardholders. Book a space now.
- Signs have been placed on the floor for social distancing.
- Elevators are limited to one person/family at a time.
- All of our physical collections are available for browsing and checkout including Tech Takeout.
- Placing holds for items at other libraries.
- Limited study tables and conference rooms.
- All materials may be returned at our exterior and interior returns. Staff cannot accept returns at the Checkout Desk or at curbside pickup.
- Our hold pick up shelves are gone, but you can pick up your holds through contactless, curbside pick-up. Due to the huge increase in holds, items are being held for four days.
- Fewer computers are available to ensure social distancing. In order to serve as many people as possible, computers are available for one hour, per day by appointment only for IPPL cardholders.
Express computer stations are available for 20-minutes per person, per day in Kids & Teens and Adult Services for anyone to use.
- We are continuing to offer online and on-demand programs. In addition, there are outdoor programs with social distancing.
- Printing, scanning, copying, and faxing services are available on a self-serve basis.
- Notary services
- Wi-Fi is available in our Reading Garden and parking lot.
- 3D Printing/Carvey is available.
- Limited programming is available inside the library and outside. (Remember, we have lots of options online!)
- Donations of materials to the library.
- The Board Room and the Meeting Room
- The Wouldshop
Use us from home
We want to maintain a safe and healthy library. In fact, we can still help you just as easily from the comfort of your home. . .
- We’ll continue to provide contactless, curbside pickup.
- Staff is available via phone, chat, or email . . . we can place holds for you, select materials for curbside pickup, answer reference questions, and provide readers advisory services. We are here for you!
- Our digital library of materials and resources are available 24/7.
- Join us for new and exciting virtual events every week.
- We are making contactless deliveries to our homebound patrons.
- Curbside printing/scanning.
- Wi-fi is available in our Reading Garden and parking lot.
- Enjoy sunny summer days in our Prairie Patch and Reading Garden. Explore the Sensory Garden, play in our play patch sandbox, or hang out in our Reading Garden.
Your safety is a priority!
- We’re conducting health screenings of our employees.
- Our team is wearing face masks while in public spaces.
- We are social distancing.
- We’ve installed plastic partitions at all the desks.
- We’re providing hand sanitizer throughout the building plus disinfectant you can use to clean equipment.
- We’ll also be cleaning equipment and surfaces throughout the day.
- We’re quarantining returned materials for seven days based on studies recently completed in the REALM Project’s research study of how long the COVID-19 virus lives on library materials.