If you are an audiobook listener, chances are you are already a fan of Bahni Turpin, even if you don’t realize it yet. Narrating over 100 audiobooks, Turpin has set herself up to be one of the best narrators, and she has the awards to prove it. With her clear pronunciation, mastery of accents, easily distinguishable character voices, and immersive storytelling, Turpin brings emotion and life to any book. Though she has voiced a wide range of characters, her melodious voice is, in my opinion, perhaps the best I’ve heard for young African-American female characters. No matter the character, genre, or author, you will never be disappointed with Bahni Turpin at the mic.
Here are some of our favorite audiobooks narrated by Bahni Turpin:
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead (2016): Read Jez’s review of the audiobook here and listen to a sample of Turpin’s award-winning narration of The Underground Railroad audiobook here.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (2017): Read Luella’s review of the book here.
- The Muse by Jessie Burton (2016): Read Jennifer’s review of the book here.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett (2009): Read Joan’s review of the book here.
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon (2016): Read Jez’s review here.