ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID
The Indian Prairie Public Library, 401 Plainfield Road, Darien, Illinois 60561, will receive sealed bids for:
PROPOSED PARKING LOT IMPROVEMENTS
FOR INDIAN PRAIRIE PUBLIC LIBRARY
401 PLAINFIELD ROAD
DARIEN, IL 60561
Lump Sum Bid Proposals will be received for this project.
The Bid Opening will be on August 8th at 11:00 AM at the Indian Prairie Public Library. At this time, the
Bids will be publicly opened and read. A Performance and Payment Bond in the full amount of the contract will be
required. A Bid Security of 10% of the Bid is required with the proposal. No bids shall be withdrawn for a period
of sixty (60) days after the bid opening without the consent of the Owner. The Contractor must pay the Prevailing
Wage Rates for all work per Illinois Law.
Bids shall be submitted in an opaque sealed envelope clearly marked as SEALED BID and addressed to: Jamie
Bukovac, Library Director, Indian Prairie Public Library, 401 Plainfield Road, Darien, IL 60561.
There will be a Pre-Bid Meeting for all interested bidders. Location and time are as follows:
Location: Indian Prairie Public Library – 401 Plainfield Road, Darien, Illinois 60561
Date: Wednesday, August 1st, 2018
Time: 11:00 AM
It is the policy of Indian Prairie Public Library to provide equal opportunity to all qualified business in the
awarding of contracts and accordingly promotes the utilization of diversified businesses to the maximum extent
feasible in any contract issued against this solicitation to bid.
The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, to waive irregularities in the bidding procedure, or accept the
Bid that in its opinion will serve its best interest. Any such decision shall be considered final. The Owner
reserves the right to set aside a Bid from a Contractor who, in the Owner's opinion, does not exhibit past experience
equal to the size and scope of this project.
PREVAILING WAGE LAW: This Contract calls for the construction of a public work, within the meaning of
the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act, 820 ILCS 130/.01 et seq. (the Act). The Act requires contractors and
subcontractors to pay laborers, workers and mechanics performing services on public works projects no less than the
current prevailing rate of wages (hourly cash wages plus amount for fringe benefits) in the county where the work is
performed. The Department publishes the prevailing wage rates on its website at:
http://www.state.il.us/agency/idol/rates/rates.HTM. The Department revises the prevailing wage rates and the
contractor/subcontractor has an obligation to check the Department’s web site for revisions to prevailing wage rates.
For information regarding current prevailing wage rates, please refer to the Illinois Department of Labor’s website.
All contractors and sub-contractors rendering services under this contract must comply with all requirements of the
Act, including but not limited to, all wage, notice and record keeping duties.
The bidder shall have a written sexual harassment policy in place in full compliance with Section 2-105 of the
Illinois Human Rights Act.
Obtain Bidding Documents (maximum 3 sets) after July 9th by contacting Jim Campbell with Manhard Consulting:
Indian Prairie Public Library District
Exterior Work Items:
Masonry Repairs, Remove and Replace Window Sealant,
Paint Lintels, Repair of Vertical Expansion Joints
Project: Exterior Work Items: Masonry Repairs, Remove and Replace Window Sealant,
Paint Lintels, Repair of Vertical Expansion Joints
Owner: Indian Prairie Public Library District, Darien, Illinois
Bid Due Date: Monday, July 23, 2018 @ 9:30 a.m. CDT
1. Sealed Bids: Sealed bids for masonry repairs, removal and replacement of window sealant, painting of lintels, and repair of vertical expansion joints will be received at the Indian Prairie Public Library District, 401 Plainfield Road, Darien, Illinois 60561 c/o Jamie Bukovac, Library Director. Bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope. The outside of the envelope shall state 1) “Exterior Work Items” and 2) Bidder’s name.
2. Bid Opening: All bids will be opened publicly at the Indian Prairie Public Library District Board Room, 401 Plainfield Road, Darien, Illinois 60561 and read aloud at 9:30 a.m. CDT on Monday, July 23, 2018.
4. Pre-Bid Meeting: There will be a non-mandatory pre-bid meeting. The pre-bid meeting will be held on Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. at the Indian Prairie Public Library District Meeting Room, 401 Plainfield Road, Darien, Illinois 60561.
5. Bid Security: Bid security shall be submitted with each bid in the amount of ten percent (10%) of total bid amount made payable to the Indian Prairie Public Library District.
6. Contractor Requirements: 1) Prevailing Wage Rates apply; 2) A written sexual harassment policy is in place; 3) A drug-free workplace policy is in place; 4) Other requirements of the Contract.
7. Bid Award: The Library expects to accept a bid and award a contract by Wednesday, August 1, 2018. All contractors who submitted bids will be notified of the results.
8. Library Rights: The Library reserves the right to reject any and all bids, to waive irregularities in the bidding procedure, and accept a bid which best serves the Library’s interest.
Click here for the complete Bid Package.
Click here for the Elevation Drawings.