Get a new library card in-person
Visit our new library card kiosk located at the end of the first-floor circulation desk, and fill out the form at the computer. Show a staff member your ID, and you'll receive a new library card.
The ID needed . . .
- One form of identification with your name and address (Driver's License, State ID, piece of first-class mail with current postmark, current utility bill, bank statement, or rental lease).
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian will need to be present to sign for your card.
Get Cards for the Family
The entire family is encouraged to sign up for a library card. We have special cards for kids who are getting their first library card. Note: The cardholder (or legal guardian) is responsible for the materials checked out on the card. Students ages 13 to 17 that live in the library's district may also get a card without their parents. Learn more here.
Property Owner Cards
If you own property in the district but do not live in the district
- Provide your current tax bill for the property located in the library district.
- Apply in person or contact the Checkout & Card Services Department at 630/887-8760, ext. 222.
Business Owner Cards
If you own a business or are an organization in the district:
- We issue a library card to any school, church, organization, or business located in the library district.
- Provide proof of the business location.
- The senior administrator, president, or business owner must sign the application.
- Your card is good for five years and you may renew it by showing proof of the business location.
- Apply online or contact the Checkout & Card Services Department at 630/887-8760, ext. 222.
Businesses located in areas without tax-supported library services may purchase a non-resident business card based upon the fee formula adopted by the library.