English as a Second Language
English Conversation Group
- Practice your English pronunciation and conversation skills guided by a volunteer from Literacy DuPage.
- The English Conversation Group meets at the library on the first and third Saturdays of each month from 10 a.m.-noon.
- Call cosponsor Literacy DuPage at 630/416-6699 for details.
ESL Library Resources
- The library provides books, CDs, DVDs, and more to help people learn to read, speak, and understand English.
- The collection offers materials for both students and tutors and includes the following topics: English as a Second Language (ESL), grammar, reading comprehension, pronunciation, business English, vocabulary, culture, and more.
- The library offers two iPads with ESL related apps, as well as one laptop with Reading Horizons software (available at the Technology Center desk).
- Boost your grammar, vocabulary and more using Brainfuse or Pronunciator.
Learn English one-on-one with a tutor.
- Literacy DuPage
- School on Wheels
- People’s Resource Center
- Literacy Volunteers of Western Cook County
Free classes to improve a student's English skills in the areas of conversation, listening/speaking, reading, and writing for the purpose of community participation, employment, or to further educational opportunities.
- College of DuPage ELA (English Language Acquisition) Office
- Moraine Valley Community College English Language Programs
Grammar & Writing
Reading Comprehension & Speaking
ESL Journals & Magazines
ESL Sites for Instructors