This Week in the Prairie Patch: July 19- 25
We are starting to harvest the garden! This week we have picked summer squash and lots of herbs. With this bounty, we're starting the Garden Giveaways. For your health and safety, our giveaways will be different from previous years. For details see below:
Free for you!
- This food was grown organically in the Prairie Patch, IPPL's community garden.
- Food is harvested throughout the week as it ripens.
- Stop by the designated table on the first floor anytime the library is open to see which herbs and veggies are available.
- For your safety…
- Masks are required
- Please practice social distancing
- Wash your hands and any food that you take home
- Please don't touch anything you won't keep
Meet the Garden Team: The Prairie Patch is maintained by a handful of IPPL staff and community volunteers. Each week, we will share information about a different team member. This week, meet Monica!
Name: Monica Dzierzbicki
Role: Youth Services Librarian/Mid-Kids Specialist
Where are you from? Illinois
How long have you been a patron? I've worked at IPPL for over 20 years.
What do you like about gardening? Gardening connects me with the principles of peace, community, nourishment and respect for all living things.
What are your favorite gardening books? There are way too many 🙂
- Non-Fiction Titles: (newest reads)
- Non-Fiction Titles: (tried and true)
If you are interested in helping us in the garden this summer, please contact Natalie Williams about volunteering: email@example.com
Are you interested in helping plant future gardens? To learn what you need to do to save your seeds and donate to our Seed Library, email Natalie Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org