Application & Event Information
We will notify all acts of their status in the final competition the week following the application deadline.
Details, Rules, & Regulations
- Acts that are chosen to perform in The Sound must be available on the evening of Saturday, June 27 beginning at 5 p.m.
- All performers must remain online throughout the entire event.
- Performers must be ages 12-18.
- Performers must provide all musical instruments and amps, wifi, and computer/phone/tablet necessary for their performance.
- Each act will be allotted up to a 10-minute set.
- Performers may play original work or covers. All songs must be performed live via Zoom.
- A panel of judges will award cash prizes; $150, $100, and $50.
- All performers agree to have their name, voice, and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material related to this contest without any compensation or rights to royalties for such use.
- Band names and lyrics of performance songs must be suitable for a family audience.
Judges will assign a score out of 100 possible points for each act using the following criteria:
- Musicianship: 50 points
- Presentation (enthusiasm/attitude): 25 points
- Creativity: 25 points
Scores from each judge will be averaged, and the highest scores will be awarded $300 total in cash prizes. The $300 in cash prizes is divided among the top three finalists.