Book a 30-minute appointment to get remote tech assistance from library staff. We will contact you after reviewing your request. We will schedule a video chat if necessary.
Topics we can help with include . . .
- Video chat software
- ebooks and other electronic library materials
- Microsoft Word
Classes & Programs
We offer a variety of hands-on classes and programs for all skill levels. Topics include computer skills, productivity software, smartphones, and devices.
- View the upcoming list of technology classes and programs.
- Most programs require registration with an Indian Prairie Public Library Card.
- lynda.com from LinkedIn Learning offers thousands of video tutorials taught by industry experts. Topics cover business, software, technology, creative skills, Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word), and 3D printing and design.
- Niche Academy has video introductions and device-specific instructions on using our eLibrary collections and research databases.
Learn Free offers free self-paced tutorials to help with technology.
Handouts & Resources
Computer & Tablet Basics
- Windows 10 - Presentation, Keyboard, Mouse, Shortcut Keys, and books on Windows 10
- Email Basics - Email Terms, Attachments
- Internet Basics - Presentation, Internet Terms, and Books on the Internet
- iPad/iPhone Basics- App Guide, iPad Quick Reference Guide, and books on iPhone & iPad
- Samsung Galaxy/Android Basics - Quick Reference Guide, App Guide, and books on Samsung and Android
Microsoft Office 2016
- Excel Formulas & Functions - Handout, and books on Excel
- Excel Sort & Filter - Handout, and books on Excel
- PowerPoint Introduction and Books on PowerPoint
- Word Introduction and Books on Word