Online Video Software
Looking for a simple, straightforward way to stay connected with your family, friends, and co-workers? Try one of these free easy to use online video options for personal or business use.
- Zoom - The library is using Zoom for online programming. Register for a program using our online calendar. You will receive a reminder email the day before the program to join it using Zoom from your computer or a mobile app with a unique link. (If you would like to host meetings on Zoom, you’ll need to sign up for a Zoom account). Here’s more information about joining a Zoom meeting.
- Skype Meet Now - Instantly create a unique link to your meeting and share it with others. No accounts or downloading required. This may be the simplest solution for those who are less tech-savvy. Start a meeting right now.
- Jitsi - Another straightforward service that lets you start a meeting without signing up for an account. Simply start a meeting and share the link with others. Start a meeting right now.
- Cisco Webex - Primarily used for businesses, but they offer a free version that allows for unlimited meetings up to 100 people, which is more than enough to get the family together for a virtual game night. You will need to sign up for an account to begin. Sign up for the free version here.
- Facebook Messenger: Facebook’s built-in communication platform, Messenger, allows for video chats. Facebook account required to get started.
- FaceTime: FaceTime is the built-in video call software on iPhones. If you’re calling another person with an iPhone, you can quickly turn that call into a video chat. Learn more about using FaceTime