Technology Classes & Programs
Library technology classes are free and are a great way to refresh your skills or pick up new ones. Classes are offered on a regular basis and cover a variety of topics from computer basics to Microsoft Office software. Hands-on classes are limited to Indian Prairie Library cardholders. Need to learn something now we have online learning resources and handouts from our previous classes.
Upcoming In-Person Classes & Programs
An Indian Prairie Library Card is needed to register. View & register for classes.
Linkedin Learning offers thousands of video tutorials taught by industry experts. Topics cover Microsoft Office, web design, and more.
GFC LearnFree offers free self-paced tutorials to help with technology.
Computer & Tablet Basics
- Computer Basics: Getting Started - Keyboard, Mouse, Shortcut Keys
- Computer Basics: Files & Folders - Handout, Working with the File Explorer in Windows 10 from Georgetown University.
- Email Basics - Email Terms, Attachments
- Internet Basics - Presentation, Internet Terms, and Books on the Internet
- iPad/iPhone Basics- App Guide, iPad Quick Reference Guide, and books on iPhone & iPad
- Samsung Galaxy/Android Basics - Quick Reference Guide, App Guide, and books on Samsung and Android
- Excel Formulas & Functions - Handout, and books on Excel
- Excel Sort & Filter - Handout, and books on Excel
- Books on PowerPoint
- Books on Word