Indian Prairie Public Library hosts three guided book discussions each month:
Supporting Our Community Book Clubs
In addition to in-library book discussions, we also provide a variety of resources to our community book clubs. Here are a few ways your group can use the library to make your discussions the best they can be:
- Browse our “Book Club Picks” book lists to discover something new to read and discuss.
- Let us provide a book club packet of reviews, questions, and author info. Use the form at the bottom of this page to request a specific title for your group.
- Use the resources recommended below to gather ideas and advice for your group.
- View our curated Book Lists. There are even a few lists focused on “Book Club Picks.”
- Hoopla - Choose a title on Hoopla, and all of your members with an Indian Prairie Public Library card (or a card from another participating library) will be able to check out the book and start reading (or listening) to the book right away. No waiting and no holds.
- BookBrowse - Features reviews, recommendations, read-alikes, author bios and interviews, reading guides and other resources for book clubs, and much more. Subscribe to their twice-monthly newsletter.
- Book Riot’s #Book Clubs - Browse Book Riot’s blog entries relating to book clubs for advice, ideas, and more. Book Riot also publishes the “In The Club” newsletter featuring “tips and tricks to keep your book group well-met, well-read, and well-fed.”
- LitLovers.com - Find popular book club books, reviews, reading guides, tips on how to start a group and discuss a book, and generic discussion questions (helpful for books without a reading guide).
- Reading Group Choices – This site offers a variety of recommendations each month for book groups who need help finding their next great read.
- Reading Group Guides - Visit this online community to discover good discussion titles, resources for book clubs, and sign up for a monthly newsletter.