The 3D printer makes objects by extruding molten plastic through a tiny nozzle that moves around precisely under computer control. It prints one layer at a time to make a completed object. Great for making prototypes, replacement parts, tools, personalized objects, and more.
- Max size: 6" X 11.2" X 6.1"
- File formats: STL or .thing
- Print time limit: 12 hours or less
- Search or browse for objects ready to print or customize available on Thingiverse or one of these other sites.
- Design your own 3D object using Tinkercad a simple 3D design application that is great for all ages. SketchUp and Fusion 360 are also recommended.
- Save your file to a USB flash drive and bring it to Maker Studio to process, and send it to the 3D printer queue.
- Filament cost: .10 cents per gram
The Button Makers turn your print or hand-drawn designs into wearable buttons or magnets.
- Draw your own design or insert a photo into one of the button templates.
- Materials available to purchase: 1.25" .25 cents and 2.25" .50 cents
Make beautiful, fragrant candles in no time. Make large candles with an extra-large 17.5 lb. wax capacity electronic wax melting pot or make a 3 oz. or smaller candle with our Wick candle maker.
- We have everything you need to make a 3 oz. jar candle for $3.
- You can bring your own glass container.
- Material available to purchase: wax is one cent per gram, fragrances and colors are .50 each.
The carving machine carves designs into wood and plastic. Make jewelry, signs, toys, and more.
- Max size: 8" x 12" x .50
- Set your material and material dimensions before designing.
- Create your design at home or with help in the Maker Studio using the free online design software, Easel.
- Materials available to purchase: pinewood is $6. Two-colored plastic is $4 (6" x 6" x .25")
Cricut Cutting Machine
The Cricut is an electronic cutting and drawing machine. Designs created on your computer can be cut or drawn into materials such as paper, cardstock, vinyl, fabric, and more.
Design and personalize almost anything — Make signs, custom t-shirts, labels, and greeting cards.
- Create and prepare your design in Cricut Design Space, a free program.
- Cricut will upload a variety of file types: JPEG, PNG, SVG, DXF, EPS
- Materials available to purchase: Regular vinyl is $1 per 12"x12" sheet. Heat transfer vinyl is $2 per 12"x12" sheet. Cardstock .25 cents per sheet.
The embroidery machine is a computerized piece of equipment that embroiders on fabric up to 10" x 6”. You can use the embroidery machine personalize, embellish, and monogram home décor items, garments, and accessories using the built-in designs and fonts. Custom designs can be made on Hatch Embroidery software, available for use in the Maker Studio.
- Come in and learn how to use it by putting your initials or a preloaded image on a piece of fabric.
- Materials to purchase: Thread .25 per 1,000 stitches. Stabilizer $1sq. ft.
Heat press your design to make custom shirts, mugs, and more made on the sublimation printer or the electric cutting machines.
- Design your project on one of the vinyl cutters or the sublimation printer.
- Press on hats, t-shirts, mugs (up to 15oz), and other flat services.
An iMac is available for digital editing using Adobe Creative Cloud and other software to create graphics, edit photos, audio, and videos.
Using a knitting machine is much faster than hand knitting and can help beginners get a feel for hand knitting. Make a scarve, ponchos, pillow covers, and afghans.
- We have everything you need to learn how to knit. Make an infinity scarf or hat.
- You can also bring your own yarn. Recommended thickness 3. 5mm to 8mm.
The Epilog Fusion Edge 12 is a 40-watt CO2 laser system. The laser can be used to etch text or logos and cut shapes into a wide variety of materials. Cut out shapes, burn, or etch a design into an object’s surface to make personalized items including picture frames and etched glassware.
- Use your own design, or photo, or find an image online. Then import that image into CorelDraw available on laptops in the Maker Studio.
- Max size: 12" x 24"
- Materials available to purchase: Wine glass or pint glass is $3. Cork coaster is $1. Wood-Bass Thin Sheet (8 x 12) is $2.
- Consult with Maker Studio staff before purchasing other materials.
The large format inkjet printer prints up to 24". Design your own poster or turn your photos into a poster or banner for sporting events, business, birthdays, holidays, and more.
- Bring your photo or design on a USB flash drive or email it to yourself. If you email it, you will need to be able to access your email account on our laptops.
- Printer Costs: $1 per foot.
The Singer heavy-duty 4423 sewing machine can sew through just about anything. Make pillows, hem clothes, and create costumes.
- We have everything you need to learn the basics of using a sewing machine including scrap fabric.
- Materials available to purchase: Bobbins is $1 each. Black & white spool thread is $3 each
The Silhouette Cameo is an electronic cutting and drawing machine. Cut designs or clipart images out of materials like paper, cardstock, and vinyl. Make custom coffee mugs, labels, tote bags, custom t-shirts, and more.
- Design up to 48" wide using Silhouette Studio, a free program.
- Materials available to purchase: Regular vinyl is $1 12 x 12 sheet. Heat transfer vinyl is $2 per 12"x12" sheet. Cardstock .25 cents per sheet.
Sizzix Die Cutting Machine
The Sizzix cutter uses various die cuts and embossing sheets for making greeting cards, scrapbooking designs, embossing, and other papercrafts.
- Bring your own paper, cardstock, or other paper products.
- Materials available to purchase: Cardstock is .25 cents per sheet. Regular paper is .10 cents per sheet.
Heat sublimation printing is a fun and easy way of printing logos, photographs, and designs to make custom shirts, mugs, coasters, stickers, puzzles, and more.
- Bring your photo or design on a USB flash drive or email it to yourself. You will need to be able to access your email account on our laptops, so we can show you how to resize it in Microsoft publisher to print on your item.
- Print up to 24" wide.
- Prints best on 100% polyester fabric and objects indicated specifically for sublimation. Search online for the term "sublimation blanks"
- Materials available for purchase: Sublimation paper is $1 per sheet or $2 per sq. ft. roll. 12 oz. mug is $3. Tote bag is $3. Ceramic ornament is #2.
Tools & More
- Card Making Tools with Envelop Maker
- Dremel 4000 Rotary Tool Kit with Drill Press
- Electric Scissors
- Green Screen
- Hand Tools
- Heat Gun
- Hot Glue Gun
- Paper Slicer
- Soldering Iron
- Texturing Hammer
- Weaving Loom
- Wood Burning Kit
- Wood Carving Kit